Number of employees 1000-4999
Sales volume 100-199 Mio US $
Year of foundation 1864
Area of business Components, Parts, Original Equipment Manufacturers
Design, Research and Development Services
Electrical and Electronic Components
Moulding and Extrusion
OECHSLER was founded in
1864 by Matthias Oechsler in
Ansbach, Bavaria; today it is
considered to be a first-class
plastics high-tech think-tank.
“A dynamic, open approach
to new developments,
culture and lean hierarchies
are just the basis of the
according to the members of the Executive Board
Dr. Claudius M. Kozlik and Christoph Faßhauer.
OECHSLER has specialised in the production of precision plastic parts and components, primarily for the automotive, medical and electrical sectors.
A work force of around 1300 members of staff is currently employed at the two German facilities in Ansbach, Weißenburg and also in Taicang/China.
In September 2004, the Chinese subsidiary Oechsler Plastic Products (Taicang) Ltd. Co. was founded in Taicang, an up-and-coming and extremely dynamic business location in the immediate vicinity of Shanghai. This leg in Asia has increased OECHSLER’s competitive ability, giving the company an enhanced international alignment.
In January 2006 the go-ahead for the foundation of the joint venture in Romania, Eastern Europe has been given.
OECHSLER has contracted a partnership with A. & Th. Schneider GmbH, a middle-class company specialized in the assembly of high volumes and small batches and supplier of the automotive, medical, electronical and communication industries on the national and international markets. This joint venture is operating under the name of Schneider & Oechsler International S.R.L.
Our corporate target is to bring together the sophisticated know-how of both companies already exisiting in the fields of assembly and manufacturing and to continue to increase it in order to offer our customers the best possible service and noticeably enlarged business activities.
Here we benefit from the location economies of Lipova near Arad in Western Romania, which is located at a distance of about 60 km to the Hungarian border, a region where more and more important Western companies are building up new plants.
Postfach 16 51
Phone: +49 981 1807-0
Fax: +49 981 1807-222